Saturday, August 25, 2012

Out of Town

When someone coined the phrase Stick-in-the-mud he most certainly was thinking of me. Stuck to my bed is probably much more appropriate. It takes tonnes of explosive to blast me out of my house. Surprisingly, a couple of sets of friends have set that fire under my seat and I am off till September 2 to a couple of hill stations in quick succession.

My stick-in-the-muddiness also applies to other habits. I have stoutly refused to move beyond desktops. Owing to the extraordinary deftness of my movements, the touch pad/screen and I get along with each other as long as we give each other a wide berth. This, in effect, ensures that I also give a wide berth to laptops, tabs and the like. As for using a smart-phone, it seems to require far more smartness on my part than I am able to deliver - not to mention that my eyes are too sharp to see anything legible on those screens.

All of these is intended to give you the joyous news that I shall not trouble you people with my posts for some time to come. (Alas, it also means that I cannot take joy in reading your posts as well.) Till September 2 then you can take a break. Throw a party, go around with a goofy smile on your face, hug your loved ones or do whatever you are moved to do when you are in the throes of ecstasy.

Happiness in life is short-lived and so, unless a truck mistakes me for a stretch of tar, I shall be back!

18 comments:

  1. Aww...who will make us smile then? You will be dearly missed Sureesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post is awaited on 2nd Sept...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A post on 3rd maybe :) Great? There you are asking for too much :)

      Delete
  3. So sad, CS. Now who will review my Penguin story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours are good TF! What can my review add to it?

      Delete
  4. Suresh sir - shubh shubh bolkar nikliye :)look forward to your experiences in the hills once u r back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shubh hi hua, Mahesh! As for the write-up, let me see :)

      Delete
  5. I'll have to come back to read this one, but just thought of letting you know (since you enjoyed one part), that the series Second Chances has been completed. You can read the entire series starting here. Would love to know what you think!
    PS: On the Bungled Romance, Ma loved it! The first thing she remarked as she was reading it was - that sounds so much like you! She loved the word quality too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God knows why this comment was classified under Spam by all-knowing blogspot :) Just retrieved it from there. Great to know your Ma loved that post. And I have already commented on the last part of Second Chances about how much I liked it.

      Delete
  6. Suresh!! Hope there is a reason to smile today? Please collect your blog award at my blog!

    Do stop by my blog! Kappu

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Bangalore will survive without you..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you are back now. Treat us with something new :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aha since I was so-called busy with a lot of things I am seeing this on sep 5 :) so guess it should be welcome back :) and I am not promoting this on indi Suresh . I don't see y one should promote someones absence ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite Jaish! If you 'Like' the fact that someone is away, it is difficult to claim that you meant it as a compliment :)

      Delete